Dental health tips for pregnancy
- Tell your dentist you are pregnant as it may affect the type of care necessary for you.
- Sometimes, hormonal changes can contribute to inflammation of the gums if your oral hygiene is not good. Go and see your dentist if your gums are swollen or bleed when you clean your teeth.
- Familiarise yourself with the dental care your dentist advises for your new baby. Ask your dentist for advice.
- Smoking during pregnancy can lead to health problems for the baby.
- Keep up regular toothbrushing with fluoride toothpaste and use dental floss daily.
- Watch your diet and avoid sweet between meal snacks as they lead to acid attack which causes tooth decay.